For the past few years I’ve been picking out ONE WORD that will help me focus on my goals for the coming year. Shan and I were just talking about THE WORD and how funny it is that so many of us get excited about a new year, planning budgets, making lists and setting goals. I have a list of things I want to accomplish. I’ve taken time to write them down, pray about them and think about it all before the ball dropped in NYC!
* Spiritual goals (bible reading, memorization, etc)
* Health goals (losing weight, exercising, becoming healthier)
* Financial goals (saving, etc)
* Project goals (working on the farm)
* Serving goals (how we serve others)
* Homemaking goals (learning new skills and improving others)
* Witnessing goals (reaching others with the gospel)
* Family goals (growing closer)
As we plan, we also look back and see what all God has done for us this past year. I want to keep track much better of what each year looks like and how God has worked in us and blessed us. What a wonderful thing that will be to look back through in the years to come.
Do you plan? Do you have a word or goals set each year? If so, what is it?
OH….I guess I didn’t share my word….REFORM. As a family I think we are going with RENOVATE.
I hope you have a wonderful 2013! May God bless you as you glorify Him!