Today has been an emotional day for me! I’m writing this post the day before my actual 39th birthday! My mind was whirling today with all the tremendous blessings that God has given to me this past year of my life. 38 had it’s ups and downs but, the UPS outweigh the downs by far! I have a precious family. Through infertility struggles, God gifted me two boys. He also gave me an incredible husband that I truly adore. (now I’m crying) Next month is our 15th anniversary! Here are my three men….three of my most treasured gifts.
This birthday comes with joy! I have so much more than I did on my last birthday. I was about two months along in my Trim Healthy Mama journey this time last year and doing well. God was giving me my health back! This year has been incredible for me as I see His hand at work. It is only through Him that I have persevered and stayed on course. This past year has held many changes…
- No more blood pressure medicine.
- From a 26 to a 16 in my pants!
- No more heartburn…not once since I started THM! That was a nightly battle.
- No more leg swelling when I sit in the car.
- I can take on and off my wedding ring! It was stuck.
- I wore my wedding dress again this past fall when I hit that number! Picture here.
- I went down a half size in my shoes! (I didn’t know you could do that!)
- I can sit in the tub and have a few inches of space on the sides!
- I can fit in a booth very comfortably! I used to need a table!
- I wore a belt this past Sunday! A BELT!!
- I walked a 5K this past summer and plan on two more this summer! (CrAzY!)
- I have a lot more energy! I can keep up much better with my boys!
- I can help with hauling wood or chores outside that I couldn’t do before.
- My 7 year old can hug me around the waste and touch his hands together. He noticed that the other day.
- Seat-belts fit much better!
I can name many more!! Sometimes sitting and counting these little non-scale victories are so encouraging to my heart! It’s not just about the inches or the pounds, it’s about being healthy!
I started a Facebook page for my blog to post updates, recipes, verses, etc and I had a little giveaway planned. I said when I hit 500 “likes” I’d have a giveaway! Well, I flew past that much faster than I expected. You all are such great cheerleaders! So, here is the prize package I’ll be sending to ONE of my friends from my Home With a Purpose Facebook page! You need to have “liked” my page to enter. Here is a peek at the goodies in the package. I’m also going to send some recipes in the mail to you that I’ve posted on my blog this past year as well!
Plus my friends at Goodness and Grace have offered to add some of their all natural lotion to the prize!! Visit Goodness & Grace to see more about their skin care line! Amazing products!! You can order from them at email@example.com.
This contest starts today, March 12th! Leave a comment on my blog to enter! I want to hear one of your non-scale victories! I will be making sure the winner has “liked” my FB page as well. Your name will be corresponding with a number (in order of messages) and I will triple check to make sure of the winner! I’ll be posting the winner here on my blog and on the Facebook page on Monday, March 17th!
Join me on Facebook: Home With a Purpose- Jennifer Griffin
1 Cor. 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.